photo: Masumi Kawamura
Toshiki Okada's follow-up to'Ground and Floor'portrays the living's envy of the dead
Following on from his earlier exploration of new musical formats through overlapping the music of the band Sangatsu with the live voices of actors, Okada here works with Kyoto-based visual artist Tsuyoshi Hisakado to create an on-stage environment of sound based on field recordings. Hisakado is known for his theatrical installations that delicately evoke time and memory. Together with Hisakado, chelfitsch now takes audiences further into the relationship between invisible sound, the body, language, and space.
2016.3.17 (THR) – 3.21 (MON)
Venue : North Hall
Performance Time：90 minutes (TBC)
Performed in Japanese with English Subtitles.
Presented by Kyoto International Performing Arts Festival Executive Committee (City of Kyoto, ROHM Theatre Kyoto, Kyoto City Music Art Cultural Promoting Foundation, Kyoto Art Center, Kyoto Arts and Culture Foundation, Kyoto Performing Arts Center at Kyoto University of Art and Design)
KYOTO EXPERIMENT OFFICE (11:00-19:00) flowing KARASUMA 2F, 645 Tearaimizu-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8152 JAPAN
Ticket PricesUnreserved Seating
Adult Adv. ¥3,000 / Day ¥3,500
Youth, Student Adv. ¥2,500 / Day ¥3,000
Senior Adv. ¥2,500 / Day ¥3,000
High School Student and Younger Adv. ¥1,000 / Day ¥1,000
Pair ¥5,500(Advance only)
Youth tickets → Up to 25
Senior tickets → 65 & Up
* The price of a Pair Ticket includes two seats.
* A Pair Ticket is valid for two persons for the same performance only.
* Proof of age is required for Youth, Student, Senior, and High School Student & Younger tickets.
* The group rate is applied to groups of more than 10 people. Please contact the Kyoto Experiment Ticket Center for details.
* Accessible Tickets are available at a ¥500 discount from the regular price and include one complimentary ticket for a helper. We may guide you to specific seats. Please contact the Kyoto Experiment Ticket Center for further information.
Tickets on Sale